Saturday, May 31, 2014

Favorite Things: May

I'm back with a new series here on M & M: my monthly favorite things. Basically I will give a list of my list of favorite things of the month in a variety of categories. For May I experimented a lot with new products, especially for skin and makeup not only because of the change in seasons, but because I've been trying to find more products to replace my Korean ones. If you notice, there's not a book category as I'll be doing that separately :) Here we go...

Makeup

1) Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer

I've heard so many things about this under eye concealer that I finally gave into my curiosity and purchased it. And it is everything that I had heard it was. I've never been that concerned about the dark circles under my eyes, but with the long hours I've been pulling these last few months I felt a little self-conscious. This just makes me seem more awake and less tired looking, lasts all day, doesn't settle in fine lines... all good things. 



2) Wet & Wild Color Icon Bronzer

I also wanted to branch out and try a bronzer but I was a little hesitant so I opted for a more affordable option from my local drugstore that I could return easily if I had problems/hated it. I didn't end up returning this bronzer and I think overall it does a good job of helping contour the face. It's a solid matte color so no shimmer or shine, plus the SPF is nice especially as it is summer pretty much year long here.

Skincare


3) Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate

Again, I had heard just amazing things about this facial oil from Kiehl's--namely that it is a miracle worker with magic powers ready to work on your skin. Needless to say I had high expectations but was ready to be disappointed since it seemed too good to be good. I don't know how to describe this facial oil except to say that yes, it is truly magical. I don't know how it works or why it works but I started using this product when my skin was acting up a bit and I'm not kidding within minutes of putting this on my face, everything just calmed down. Things just felt better on my face and I am so sold on this.



4) Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Daily Cleanser

I purchased this cleanser with the midnight recovery oil on a whim. I didn't do any research on it or looked at reviews before picking it up--I was entirely sold on the Amazonian White Clay. When I first put this cleanser on my hand, I was shocked to find that the texture was a soft mouse which felt amazing on the skin. It was like dipping your whole face in whipped cream and having it all sink in and moisturize that still left my skin feeling so clean afterwards. I am so in love.

Music 


5. Nell

I recently discovered this Korean rock group and have been playing their music non-stop. They've been around for 15 years now and I don't know how I've been able to avoid them until now. Great melodies and beautiful beautiful beautiful lyrics. I listen to Nell as I walk around the city and it just fits with life around me.

Food




6. Kona Coffee Cookies from Trader Joes

Buttery shortbread? Check. Bits of Kona Coffee beans? Check. Creamy icing? Check. Need I say more?

1 comment:

  1. You are a pretty convincing advertisement for Kiehls!

    ReplyDelete