Friday, July 5, 2013

Before Midnight (and Sunrise, and Sunset)

Going off of my last post, I should say that I have also recently watched "Before Midnight," the third movie in a series of the BEST MOVIES EVER. "Before Sunrise" and "Before Sunset" being the first and second movies, and the second installment being my favorite. Nothing happens in these movies. It's just two people talking for 90 minutes. BUT I can't even begin to say how these movies, in particular "Before Sunset," have influenced my thoughts on magic in the universe, beauty in the world, and love and the complexity of relationships. I highly recommend them because they just embody everything about falling in love, risking for love, and staying in love.

"Before Midnight" is out in theatres now and even though the trailer makes it look so crappy, it is BRILLIANT. Rotten Tomatoes has it at a 98% rating and it's definitely worth watching in a theatre.
I'd be interested to see what other people, seeing the films for the first time, take away from them, so if you are so inspired to marathon the first two and go out to see the third, let me know :)

For your enjoyment, here are the trailers for the three films in one handy youtube video:

No comments:

Post a Comment