Sunday, June 16, 2013

Adventures in Speed Dating (Part 2): The Handsome Stranger

And welcome back! In the last post I left off just as the speed dating event was wrapping up, and I was lingering in the lounge when in walked a handsome stranger. If the first post of this series was all about the actual speed dating event, then this post is dedicated to the handsome stranger. Because I know you're all so intrigued, get yourself comfy and lower your expectations, because it's not what you think ;)

So like I said, I was with my friend discussing how the evening went when a handsome stranger showed his handsome face in the room. There weren't that many people left in the lounge area, and so before I can even tear my eyes away from his handsome face, he has come up to where we are sitting. His handsome face sits down right across from me and, to be honest, out of all the guys who have occupied that seat that night, he was easily the guy I was most attracted to.

Let's take an aside and describe handsome stranger because I know all of you are wondering. If you can imagine this tall all-american guy from the midwest, that would be him. He was wearing a suit and his tie was loosened, and his brunette hair was well-coifed. Strong jawline. Dark eyes. And the way he filled out his suit, you just knew he could take care of you, naww mean? Must be all those years harvesting crops. My friend and I thought he worked in  business or finance or something. Nope, he's a writer, of all things. And that is handsome stranger.

Handsome stranger starts talking to my friend and I about what just happened in the room, how were our mini-dates, and all that small talk. After a bit, my friend gets up to track down the event coordinator, leaving me alone with the handsome stranger. Now normally this would make me freak out and I would be so tense and uncomfortable and awkward just waiting until my friend came back. However, it was super easy to talk to handsome stranger because 1) it was basically what I had been doing the whole night anyway, 2) I was feeling way more open and less inhibited because I had all those mini-dates to warm up, and 3) his handsome face.

We end up going to the other room where the bar is, and I immediately notice that some of the patrons are people left over from the speed dating event. One guy in particular is one of the two that I circled on my paper. Handsome stranger buys me a drink, and then it's just a hop, skip, and jump away before handsome stranger and I are kissing at the bar.

Although I kind of had a feeling things were going that way, it still surprised me that it did. I'm not typically the kind of girl who just kisses guys she doesn't know, but again, I was way less inhibited than normal and also, his handsome face. If his handsome face wants to kiss mine, who am I to get in the way? In the back of my mind though, I was totally conscious of the fact that I was surrounded by other guys I had just gone on mini-dates with. Guys who may have circled me on their list. Guys that I had circled on my list. And just how bad me making out with handsome stranger must have seemed to them.

Without going too much into detail, in the end, I extract myself from the scene (not without some regret), and I find my friend and exit the premises. There was some disappointment with handsome stranger, and I felt bad about maybe letting things get to that point, but he took it very well. And by the way the other girls at the bar were swarming around him, I feel like he didn't miss me too much by the end of the night. Alas, goodbye Handsome stranger. sigh. I told you it wasn't what you thought!

Besides my friend and I, there is a third member of our little party, actually a guy from the speed date event. Let's call him Kites. Apparently Kites and my friend are friends, and he was the one who invited her to try out the event. So anyway, the three of us make a charming little trio as we walk to a nearby restaurant. I'm talking to my friend, thanking her for helping me get out of the tempting and tricky situation with Handsome stranger at the bar. I tell her about how worried I am about how one of the guys I circled might have saw me kissing Handsome stranger, not even thinking about Kites, who is standing right there.

Kites flips out. Apparently, he had circled me on his list, only to find out that I ended the night kissing some random guy at the bar. A random guy that didn't have to pay to talk to me, that didn't have to wait to see if I liked him or now, that didn't have to do anything but show his handsome face. Kites couldn't believe the unfairness of it all.

Oops.

That's it for part two of this series. In the finale, I'll talk about all the things I learned from this night as well as fill you in on the results of the speed date event--happy ending or tragedy?

1 comment:

  1. Well...did you get the number of handsome stranger?????

    ReplyDelete